Open to Alumni recipients of the Projects for Peace Fellowship
The Projects for Peace Alumni Award seeks to recognize individuals who have demonstrated innovation and commitment in building peace and transforming conflict throughout their career.
The award is intended to celebrate and enhance the achievements of past Projects for Peace grantees.
The $50,000 annual award is made possible through the Kathryn Wasserman Davis Collaborative in Conflict Transformation at Middlebury.
Please note, the Dean of Studies Office cannot fund travel to or study in any area that is under a U.S. State Department Travel Advisory Level 4 or CDC Alert Level 3. The Dean of Studies Office will only fund travel to or study in any area that is under U.S. State Department Travel Advisory Level 3 if granted through a petition process. For more information visit: Travel Advisory Policy
- Winners receive up to $50,000.
- Winners will attend a multiday Conflict Transformation retreat at Middlebury College, with an opportunity to discuss their work with the Conflict Transformation community at Middlebury.
- The Kathryn Wasserman Davis Collaborative in Conflict Transformation at Middlebury expects to fund at least one award each year through 2028.
Campus Deadline: January 15 (This includes letters of recommendation)
- Applicants must have implemented a Project for Peace at any time in the history of the program.
- Applicants must be nominated by the educational institution that supported their Project for Peace.
No direct-apply or “at-large” applications will be accepted.
- Use the Recommendation Registration Form to register two people to serve as your referees. These should be individuals who can speak to the applicant’s peacebuilding efforts, such as a project collaborator, course instructor, or workplace supervisor. You must register your writers before you submit your application and inform them that the letters are due by the campus deadline.
- Download and complete the 100 Projects for Peace Budget Worksheet prior to completing your application. You will need to upload it when submitting your application.
- Complete the Projects for Peace Alumni Award Application and submit it by the campus deadline.
You must submit your application through the online system as indicated above. Please note that you cannot save information in the application and return to it at a later date. You should save your work in a separate document and enter it all at once when you are ready to submit.
For Letter of Recommendation Writers
Candidates should register their references through the Letter of Recommendation Registration Form as outlined above. Once registered, writers will receive a link to the Letter of Recommendation Submission Form. If you haven’t received an email please follow up with the applicant to ensure that you have been registered to write on the student’s behalf. You may access this form at any time through this site, however, you cannot save information and return to the form at a later date.