The British Council has launched a social media-driven student ambassador program with Education UK.
UK Graduate School Application Resources on Padlets—compiled by Sarah Jamieson
Regional Officer (North America) | Europe & Americas Team | University of Warwick
From the British Council:
Are you thinking about studying in the UK? Do you know someone who is?
Education UK is the British Council's official website for international students interested in studying at a UK university, college, boarding school, or English language school. With funding from the GREAT campaign, our education team has released four videos featuring five American students studying at UK universities. Each video highlights different aspects of student life in the UK.
Need some advice on how to budget for UK studies? Here are some great tips.
How do you settle into life at a UK university?
All videos can be found on the Education UK YouTube page.
A post-graduate experience
United Kingdom Hot Topics
Global Innovation Initiative is the first multi-lateral higher education partnership initiative established between the two governments. Funding has been pledged from the State Department in the USA, and BIS and the British Council in the UK.
A recent article in The Chronicle—‘Is Europe Passé’—examines the US’s higher education efforts with new partners and how this affects relationships with the UK, among others. In response, the British Council’s higher education manager in the US, Janice Mulholland, suggests a different form of partnerships for institutions in a global economy.
The British Council's corporate blog If you are interested in topics such as education, language, science, art, and culture... our Voices blog is a great read!
Fellowships to Consider:
The Churchill Scholarship for graduate study at Cambridge in math or natural sciences
The US Student Fulbright Program for graduate work abroad
Summer Institutes for US Undergraduates—US-UK Fulbright Commission offers special Summer Institutes for US citizens
Gates Cambridge Scholarships for graduate study at Cambridge
The George J. Mitchell Scholarship for graduate study in Ireland
The Marshall Scholarship for graduate study anywhere in the UK
The Rhodes Scholarship for graduate study at Oxford
The St. Andrews Scholarship open to seniors of Scottish descent for graduate study in Scotland (contact the Office for Fellowships)
The Vassar Maguire Fellowship for graduate study abroad
Oxford Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships Every year, the Pershing Square Foundation awards up to five full scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master’s degree and the MBA year.
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Funded by the European Union, are exclusively awarded to students coming from both EU and non-EU countries that have been selected to attend one of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes at Masters or Doctorate level.
The Hillary Rodham Clinton Award for Peace and Reconciliation The University will provide a full tuition-fee waiver to an exceptional female student from the USA who wishes to pursue study in a field related to politics, conflict transformation, or human rights.
The five MA programmes covered by the award will include:
- LLM Human Rights Law
- MA Conflict Transformation and Social Justice
- MA Global Security and Borders
- MA Politics
- MA Violence, Terrorism, and Security
University of Warwick
- About the scholarship (including funding levels, eligibility and processes)
- AI at Warwick
- Warwick’s Research Archive Portal
- Warwick’s Experts Directory
- PhD Life Blog
Want to learn more? Book a 1:1 chat with Sarah Jamieson, Regional Officer (North America) | Europe & Americas Team
Masters Scholarships available at King’s College London, worth up to £10,500
Exeter IAIS scholarships:
Masters Scholarships in our Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies
UCL is delighted to announce the UCLFAA MSc in Dementia Scholarship available to US-domiciled students applying to either the Neuroscience or Mental Health pathways of the MSc Dementia: Causes, Treatments, and Research at UCL. The award is worth a total of $20,000 to support tuition fees or maintenance costs for a US-domiciled student studying one year full-time.
About the award:
Postgraduate Taught Global Excellence Scholarships have been created to support students wishing to develop their academic potential and contribute to our thriving University community of students and staff from 170 countries.
Global Excellence Scholarships recognise high academic achievement and assist scholars in accessing our exceptional teaching and learning, whilst taking advantage of all that University life offers to support their ambitions for the future.
A range of full, £10,000 and £5,000 scholarships are on offer.
Offered by the University of Exeter in partnership with the Wellcome Trust, for a new MA located in our Wellcome Centre for Cultures and Environments of Health:
- MA Cultures and Environments of Health Bursaries 2021/2 – 3 bursaries of £25,200 to students enrolling on our new MA Cultures and Environments of Health programme in 2021/22.
- MA Cultures and Environments of Health BAME Bursary 2021/2 – 1 bursary worth £25,200 available to one BAME student enrolling on our new MA Cultures and Environments of Health programme in 2021/22.
For a breakdown on the MA itself to assist advisors / prospective students:
- Based in the inter-disciplinary Wellcome Centre for Cultures & Environments of Health, you will benefit from engaged and transformative research, which draws on medical humanities, social sciences and medical sciences.
- Examine how experiences of health, illness and medical knowledge are shaped by diverse environments, cultural practices and beliefs.
- Explore how diverse types of evidence about health and wellbeing are used across different disciplines and sectors, and the impacts this has on the ways we conceive, respond to, and experience health and social care.
- Investigate how evidence from the medical humanities and social sciences can be used to help develop and evaluate innovative and effective public health initiatives.
- Upon graduation, you will be equipped to become a leader in transforming health research and health and social care practice within a range of professions.
Why Study Abroad? Ask Michelle Obama
UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA). UKCISA describe their mission as being the UK's national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them. If you hover over the “Info & Advice” link at the top, it will bring up lists of links around visas, fees, working, pre-departure, and logistics for living in the UK.