Initiated by the Society at its 200th anniversary in 1956, the Saint Andrews’s Society Scholarship Program currently provides funds of $35,000 to be used initially against tuition, then board, transportation and other expenses.
In recognition of the benefits of higher education, the Society provides significant funding for two Scottish graduate students to study in the United States and three American students of Scottish heritage to study in Scotland.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
- Senior undergraduate students who will obtain a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the Spring of 2020 and can demonstrate the significance of studying in Scotland.
- Proof of application to their selected school will be required for finalists.
Candidates should possess the qualifications which will enable them to be good ambassadors for the United States while in Scotland. The basis for selection shall include the student’s:
- Academic achievement
- Extracurricular activities
- Financial need
- Statement of personal objectives
- Some Scottish descent
- Proof of US citizenship
Do not send application materials to the Saint Andrews Society, you must first be endorsed by Vassar College to continue in the competition.
CAMPUS DEADLINE: November 8, this includes all letters of recommendation
Please read these instructions carefully!
Please review the 2023 Competition Guidelines (215KB) for applying in preparation for submitting the campus application.
- Contact your referees as soon as possible. Once they all agree to write on your behalf you will register them to submit their letter using the Recommendation Registration Form.
- Upload your transcripts and a confidentiality waiver (if you do not have one on file) using the Recommendation Registration Form; please be prepared to do this when you go to complete the form.
- Download the Saint Andrews application form (75KB) and submit it as a PDF to email@example.com.
For Letter Writers: Candidates should register their references through the Vassar College online application for the campus deadline. Once registered, writers will receive a link to this Letter of Recommendation Submission Form. If you haven’t received an email please follow up with the applicant to ensure that you have been registered to write on his/her behalf. You may access this form at any time through this site, however, you cannot save information and return to the form at a later date.