Resources for reflection, contemplation, and care in times of trouble.
Virtual resources from our office
Sign up here for Touchstone: Centering Love in Uncertain Times, a regular email offering of reflection, grounding, and connection for our community from the Vassar College Office of Religious and Spiritual Life & Contemplative Practices. Each Touchstone will showcase new voices and art from across campus and beyond it.
RSLCP staff Zoom drop-in hours coming soon…
Resources for Reflection, Contemplation, and Care in times of trouble
- Check out Calm’s free resource page with meditations, stories, music, talks and more to support your mental and emotional wellness.
- Listen to podcasts like On Being, with interviews with leading poets, scientists, activists, and spiritual leaders, or The Slowdown, a 5-minute daily dose of poetry curated and introduced by Tracy K. Smith. See also On Being’s Listening Care Package for Uncertain Times.
- Explore short talks by faith leaders on everything from grief and loss to love and relationships through the Vennly app
- Bite-sized Pandemic daily practices and other resources from a justice-based Quaker facilitator and trainer
- See Wellbeing in the Time of Coronavirus – An FYI Toolkit from The Family and Youth Institute.
- Daily halaqas from the Islamic Center at NYU
- Faith in the Time of Coronavirus: talks, webinars, and articles from the Yaqeen Institute
- Shabbat at home resources
- Online Services:
- Learning and gathering opportunities
- Resources for Challenging Times from the Institute for Jewish Spirituality, offering regular Jewish meditation and Torah study
- Speakers and online meet-ups through Hillel@Home
- Learning Resources for Quarantine from Hadar, with online classes, divrei Torah, and music
- JewishLIVE- A Facebook group that gathers together a variety of virtual events occurring every day across the Jewish world
- Resources for worship and reflection from Andover Newton Seminary
- Centering Prayer from the Contemplative Outreach network
- Centering Prayer Series with Thomas Keating
- Resources for Catholics at Home During COVID-19
- Richard Rohr’s Center for Action and Contemplation - Podcasts, Daily Meditations and more
- Creighton’s Online Ministries - daily readings with reflections by community members
- Daily Office - Liturgy of the Hours
- Ignatian Spirituality - Links to the Examen
- Dharma Seed Dharma talks and meditations from the Western Vipassana Teaching
- Coronavirus Meditations and Teaching for Practicing in a Pandemic from Tricycle Magazine
This list is not exhaustive! Please feel free to email resources or links you think the Vassar community would find helpful to firstname.lastname@example.org.