The lounge in Noyes has been called the Jetsons’ Lounge by generations of Vassar students because of its futuristic ambiance. Designed by Eero Saarinen and built in 1958, Noyes House was the last residence hall to be built.
Along with Ferry House, Noyes represents a distinctly modernist departure from the Victorian and Edwardian styles of the other residence halls. Noyes currently houses 178 students and typically remains open during school breaks and vacations to accommodate students who need to stay on campus. The curved building encircles a large green, fondly called “Noyes Circle.” Noyes Circle has been the site of many different student activities. Currently, the circle is the home turf for Vassar’s Ultimate Frisbee teams.
Check out the 360° tour.