Dear Campus Constituents,
As we have all experienced, Campus is dealing with a challenging situation with the COVID-19 virus. The Mail Room and Receiving are not immune to the impacts so we would like to update you on the Mailroom/Receiving timelines.
Here is what you can currently expect:
- All packages are currently being delivered to and processed by Receiving each day.
- If a package is received there you will get an email stating it is ready for pickup in Receiving, Monday–Friday, 8am–4pm.
- Mail is being processed once per week.
- We’re prioritizing first class mail first. As the mail is processed it’s being distributed to each mailbox. You may pick up your mail by Tuesday each week.
- Magazines will be distributed as soon as we have enough staff and as there is room in the mailbox. The magazines take up a lot of room and some boxes are smaller than others. In some, cases two magazines would take up the entire mailbox.
- Outgoing mail that is left in the mail slots by the Retreat is being metered once a week and brought to the Raymond Ave post office.
The situation is changing rapidly. We will be keeping the Mail Room and Receiving websites up to date. Please check the websites for the latest service updates.
The General Stores & Central Receiving warehouse is located adjacent to the Facilities Operations Services Center. Larger packages not sent through the U.S. Postal Service are delivered through the Central Receiving Department, located adjacent to the Buildings and Grounds Services Center. Upon receipt, you will be notified by telephone or email, and will be advised to pick up the package during business hours at Receiving.
When picking up a package, please bring identification. Packages not claimed by end of year will be disposed of. Packages containing food will be kept for one week only. Please check your email before making package inquiries. When making inquiries, please have your tracking number.
Closed for lunch daily
Note: Student, employees, student organizations or college departments requiring after hours service of Receiving will be charged $125.