Welcome to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA) / Title IX.
The Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action /Title IX oversees the College’s compliance with Title IX, equal opportunity, affirmative action, and other state and federal civil rights laws. It helps investigate and resolve complaints of discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and sexual violence, including sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, sexual exploitation, and stalking. As you explore our website, you will find many resources that foster and support an environment on campus that is inclusive, respectful and free from discrimination and harassment. We are committed and dedicated to all the principles outlined in EOAA’s mission statement and the College’s nondiscrimination statement.
In keeping with the long-standing traditions of the college, Vassar is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment free from discrimination and harassment. This commitment extends beyond mere compliance with the law and requires a strong program of equal opportunity and aﬀirmative action in virtually all aspects of college life. The mission of the Oﬀice of Equal Opportunity and Aﬀirmative Action / Title IX is to provide clear leadership and support on matters relating to equity, diversity, respect, and inclusiveness for all members of the Vassar College community.
EOAA oversees, facilitates and supports the college’s efforts to ensure equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To fulfill our mission, the Oﬀice of Equal Opportunity and Aﬀirmative Action provides:
- Information, consultation, training, and resources to the Vassar College community with regard to diversity, harassment and discrimination prevention, aﬀirmative action, equal opportunity, and disability matters
- Individual consultation with Vassar College, staﬀ, faculty, students, and administrators
- A mechanism for responding to complaints of harassment and discrimination
- Oversight of and support for the Collegeʼs compliance eﬀorts in the areas of equal opportunity, aﬀirmative action, harassment and discrimination prevention, and compliance with all applicable state and federal civil rights laws
If EOAA can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Reporting Quick Links
- EOAA/Title IX Reporting Form
- Report a Bias Incident
Sign in with your Vassar username and password. If off campus, first sign into the campus network with VPN.
- Report Anonymously to Support, Advocacy, & Violence Prevention Office