The Dean of Student Living and Wellness convenes weekly meetings of the Student Support Network (SSN). SSN consists of an array of campus offices and departments. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards, sharing information confidentially among college administrators and on a “need-to-know” basis only.
SSN is not a decision-making body. We work with students to help them navigate academic and personal challenges, distressing experiences, and crisis situations. As advocates, we offer various forms of support to students and the Vassar community by:
- Providing support and advocacy to students navigating challenges that may affect college life.
- Connecting students to supportive resources on and off campus.
- Responding to and managing critical incidents involving students.
- Provide consultation to Vassar employees who are supporting students at various levels of distress.
The SSN Reporting Form is available to bring situations to the attention of Vassar College so that we can coordinate outreach and support.
Representatives from the following offices participate in the Student Support Network:
- Residential Education
- Counseling Center
- Health Service
- CARE (Case Management)
- Office of the Dean of Studies
- Campus Safety
- Accessibility and Education Opportunity