If you have a campus emergency, please contact CRC at ext. 7333 or (845) 437-7333.
The Health Service is closed over the summer break. The Nursing Coordinator, Bridget Romani, RN, and the Medical Coordinator, will be checking emails and phone messages beginning on Tuesday, May 28th Monday–Friday between 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. at the Health Service office. They will respond to all inquiries throughout the break. The Health Service email address is email@example.com, and the office number is (845) 437-5800. EMS will not be in service during summer break.
If you need urgent medical care over break, medical facilities in the area are:
- Vassar Hospital Emergency Room: (845) 454-8500
- Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital Emergency Room: (845) 483-5000
Urgent care walk-in facilities in the area:
- Health Quest: LaGrangeville located on Rt. 55: (845) 485-4455 or
- Wappingers Falls located on Rt. 9: (845) 297-2511
- CareMount Medical Walk-In Care Poughkeepsie: (845) 231-5600
All students have 24/7 access to “HealthiestYou.” This gives you remote access to a physician using a nationwide telehealth service. If you have insurance offered through the college, there is no charge. If you have private insurance, there is a $40 consultation fee. The phone number is 1-(855) 866-0895.
If you have insurance issues regarding student health insurance, you can go to the Gallagher Student Health website. They have quite a bit of information on their site. They also have a live chat area that you can utilize.
The Health Service webpage also has information which may help you with any questions you may have regarding billing, services offered, etc.
Counseling Service is on a 10-month contract and will be closed between June 15th and August 15th.
While our mental health services will be unavailable during this period, there are local services available for students in need of mental health support. To help prepare the campus for the summer period, we want to provide you with community resources that may be helpful for students or community members with mental health concerns.
Please use the following mental health resources this summer as needed.
Local Emergency Mental Health Assistance
- Dutchess County HELPLINE (available 24/7 for all mental health concerns) (845) 485-9700
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis (will come to your location for emergency psychiatric assessments) (845) 486-2864
- Crisis Stabilization Center—230 North Road, Poughkeepsie (845) 485-9700 (a walk-in urgent care center for mental health crises)
- Mid Hudson Regional Hospital Psychiatric ER—241 North Road, Poughkeepsie (845) 431-8892
Additional Hotlines and Phone Services
- National Mental Health Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- Safe Horizons Anger Management Line: 800-621-HOPE / (800) 621-4673
- Trevor Project (Crisis Support for LGBTQ community): (866) 488-7386
Crisis Text Lines
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741-741
- Dutchess County Helpline: Text (845) 485-9700
Immediate On-Line Support
IMALIVE—suicide intervention, prevention, awareness, and education.
In-Person Mental Health Treatment & Support
Mid Hudson Regional Hospital
241 North Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Northern Psychiatric Services
11 Marshall Road, Suite 2L, Wappingers Falls
Southern Dutchess Behavioral Group
1285 Route 9, Suite 7B, Wappingers Falls
Hudson Valley Mental Health Clinics—Poughkeepsie (free/low fee services)
230 North Rd. Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
In addition to the above resources, please see the following documents with referral information for local therapists and psychiatrists:
We will continue to have an Administrator on-call (AOC) throughout the break. They are on call 24/7 and can provide support and help students access support services as well. Students can speak to the AOC by calling the CRC at (845) 437-5221 or (845) 437-7333.