Exploring Transfer Summer 2023
June 16 through July 21
Our goal is to immerse Exploring Transfer students in both intellectually and academically rigorous courses and a residential environment that acknowledges and values diversity, inclusion, difference, equity, and justice. Emphasis is placed on honing student’s reading, writing, and quantitative reasoning skills.
Exploring Transfer Summer 2023 classes will be in session from June 19 - July 21, however, students should be available to arrive the week before for orientation. The opening ceremony will be held on June 16th. Students are in residence for the length of the program.
Applicants must be actively enrolled at an accredited community college. Applicants should have completed or be on track to complete at least 24 credit hours of coursework by the end of their spring 2023 semester. Additionally, students must have completed English 101, or its equivalent. Priority applicants will be those students who have completed less than four semesters of community college work by June 2023.
If your community college is a partner with the Exploring Transfer program, your community college coordinator is available to answer questions on the application process. Some community colleges have their own internal screening process and deadlines, so please be in touch with your coordinator prior to submitting this application. (If your community college is not a participating partner, please contact the Director of Exploring Transfer, Lioba Gerhardi, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.)
- Please be sure to have all of your application information readily available and that you have enough time to complete the application in one sitting. This application will reset if you close it without completing and submitting it.
- All questions with an asterisk (*) are required questions.
- This application is due by February 20, 2023
- Two letters of recommendations from current/past college instructors are due by March 6, 2023. You should confirm the instructors are willing to write a letter of recommendation prior to completing the application.
- All college-level transcripts are due by March 6, 2023. We accept both official and unofficial transcripts. All transcripts, however, must be sent directly from your college registrar or community college coordinator. Transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: Exploring Transfer, Vassar College, 124 Raymond Avenue, Box 624, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12604-00624.