Skip to content Skip to navigation
Skip to global navigation Menu

Accounting Services

Vassar College


How do I do a direct payment?

You will do a direct payment using the Create Supplier Invoice Request in Workday. The request will route through the approval process in Workday.

What days are check runs?


Who do I call to see if a check is ready?

Mary Gugumuck, (845) 437-5887.

Can I pay people for services out of my own pocket?


Who do I contact for a tax exempt certificate?

Please email

What states are we tax exempt in?

New York, New Jersey, Florida and Texas.

Can I get a petty cash advance?

Yes, the maximum is $100.00.

What is the current mileage rate?

Beginning January 1, 2024 the IRS mileage reimbursement rate is 67.0 cents per mile.

What is the turnaround time for a supplier invoice request?

Most check requests, requested via Create Supplier Invoice Request will be processed within 7–10 business days of receipt. Accounts Payable can’t pay until the approval process is complete and the request is received in Workday.

When to do a Supplier Invoice Request instead of a Purchase Order (PO)?

Please use the Create Supplier Invoice Request to be reimbursed for non-tangible items. Certain non-competitive financial transactions may be processed without a Purchase Order. These transactions include the following:

  • Conference registrations
  • Subscriptions
  • Membership dues
  • Honorariums
  • Reimbursements
  • Telephone charges
  • Fellowships
  • Cash Advance
  • Consulting/Legal Services
  • Awards/Grants

Where is Accounts Payable located?

Accounts Payable can be found on the 3rd floor of Baldwin.

What box number should all invoices be sent to?

Please send all invoices to Box 721.

I was asked to obtain a Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) for a new vendor—why?

The Form W-9 is now required for all new vendors to Vassar College and for those vendors whom we do not have the form on file with Accounts Payable. The College is required to report supplier payments to the IRS. This form gathers all the pertinent information we need in order to comply with the IRS regulation. Simply have the vendor complete the Vendor/Individual Payee Registration Form.

How do I stop payment on a check?

Mary Gugumuck, (845) 437-5887

What if I am missing a receipt?

Please complete the Missing Receipt Affidavit and attach to the associated line item in your P-Card verification or Expense Report in Workday.

How can I be reimbursed for business travel?

Requests for travel reimbursements should be made by completing a Travel Expense Report in Workday from your computer or mobile device, including all relevant receipts. Reimbursements will be made by Direct Deposit to those with bank information on file and by check to anyone who doesn’t have bank information on file for expense reimbursements.

What form do I use to wire money and who do I send it to?

Requests to Wire Funds should be made via Workday’s Create Supplier Invoice Request.

If I am having problems processing a requisition online, who do I contact?

Follow these instructions for creating a requisition in Workday. If you have general questions, please contact the service desk at If you have questions about which accounting elements (cost center, spend category, fund, etc.) to use, contact

How do I sign up for, or change, my direct deposit account information?

Log in to Workday, search Payment Elections, and add or change your bank account information.