The CDO establishes connections and facilitates interaction among undergraduate students, alumnae/i, employers, and organizations in order to generate opportunities that help students pursue their personal and professional objectives.
The mutual goal of both faculty and the Career Development Office is the education and success of students. By working together, faculty and the CDO can ensure that students have the education they need to transition into the world of work.
The Career Development Office offers advising and opportunities for students to:
- Find summer and winter term opportunities and funding for unpaid/underpaid internships.
- Explore potential career interests.
- Prepare for graduate and professional school.
For faculty, we provide resources to:
- Identify alumnae/i who may be of interest to your current majors.
- Help connect you and your students to opportunities relevant to your area.
- Illustrate the career paths pursued by alumnae/i from your major.
We invite you to become familiar with the extensive resources and services that you can use when advising your students. We welcome the opportunity to collaborate with you in connecting students to projects and experiences that deepen their learning and to collaborate with you in guiding students as they make decisions about their undergraduate education and plans for employment, graduate school, or other pathways. Together, we can help students identify the experiences and opportunities that will expand their academic, personal, and pre-professional development and prepare them for a successful transition to life after Vassar.