Vassar offers a multitude of programs around the world. These include programs run by Vassar College, direct exchanges with partner institutions, and a large number of provider approved programs for education abroad. The Vassar Global Learning Portal provides a comprehensive list of these programs.
Plan to attend our general Study Abroad Information Session in early fall to learn about the application process. Keep an eye on our Events page for program-specific information sessions and visit us during drop-in hours so that we can answer your questions and help you explore program options (private appointments are available if drop-in hours do not fit your schedule).
When selecting your study abroad program, consider how the experience could enhance your academic, professional, and personal goals:
- What are your academic needs? Is there a specific program or country that would complement your academic plan or help advance your language and intercultural skills?
- Where do you want to study abroad? Do you want to go someplace new or delve deeper into a culture you already know? More than fifty percent of U.S. students choose to study in Europe, but in an increasingly interdependent world, it is important to consider all parts of the world.
- What type of community do you want to live in? Large cities offer exciting cultural opportunities, but can be impersonal. Smaller urban centers and rural locations could offer more contact with locals and a deeper cultural immersion, but may be too quiet for you.
- Do you want to explore a different pedagogical system or study in one that is similar to the U.S.?
- What is your budget? Be aware that daily living costs will vary from place to place. Larger cities, for example, may be more expensive.
- What type of program structure is best for you? Do you want to take courses directly at a host university, studying alongside local students? Or would you prefer the support network of a program designed specifically for study abroad students?
After this exploration, if you are ready to apply, please navigate to our Applying page for eligibility information and instructions to start your application.