Open Enrollment for choosing or changing Benefits will take place from November 1st through November 30th. Those benefit changes will take effect on January 1, 2023. You will receive an inbox item to complete the Open Enrollment process in Workday. If you miss the Open Enrollment window, the only way to change your benefit elections is through a Qualifying Life Event. Important Note: Medical Cash Outs MUST be re-elected during Open Enrollment every year.
We are excited to welcome you to an “In-Person” Benefits Fair October 26th from 10am to 4pm in the Villard Room.
Come meet the Human Resources Staff including our new Benefits Manager, Sonja Krekun and our new Benefits Coordinator, Zachary Britton. Our team is eager to support you.
Representatives will be available from:
- Delta Dental
- MVP Healthcare
- Community Works
- Healthiest You
- Vassar Employee Wellness program
- Relph Benefit Advisors Medicare Specialist
- Vassar Health Services
Walgreens will also be on site administering Flu Shots for our Vassar employees.
Please bring your license and Insurance card.
If you are not enrolled in the Vassar sponsored medical coverage, Walgreens takes most insurance plans!
Would you like to save a spot to receive your flu shot? Schedule an Appointment
Open Enrollment will take place from November 1st through November 30 and changes/elections will go into effect on January 1st 2023.
- You will receive a notice in your Workday inbox with a “task” that will say “Open Enrollment”.
- Don’t forget that if you elect the Flex Account (FSA) you have to re-elect it every year to continue participating.
- If you take the Medical Cash Out for not taking the Vassar sponsored medical coverage, you will need to re-elect that as well.
Did you have a baby this year? Get married? Move?
- This is also a great time to review your mailing address, who is listed as a beneficiary on any life insurance plans you may have.
- The end of year is not that far away and you want to make sure we have your current address for those end of year documents such as the W2.
Benefits Program Updates:
- We are not changing any of our insurance benefit providers this year. You will have the option to keep all your current providers/coverage in place.
- Medical insurance program rates have increased for 2023 between 3% and 5.8% depending on the provider that you choose.
- Dental insurance rates, life insurance, and supplemental life insurance rates will not increase this year.
- If you elect the Flexible Spending Account (FLEX), the maximum election the amount has increased from $2,850 to $3,050. The transit accounts are increasing to $300. The dependent care flex accounts will remain at $5,000.
- If you elect the Health Savings Account (HSA), the maximum annual contribution for the Health Savings Account has increased to $3,850 for self only coverage and $7,750 for family coverage.
- The IRS increased the maximum contribution for your 403(b) plan to $22,500. If you are over 50 you can contribute up to an additional $7,500.
- Did you know that you can see a provider virtually for free through Teledoc? You can schedule with a physician, nutritionist, mental health provider, just to name a few, (virtually) though Healthiest You. The best part is you can do it from the comfort of your home. Stop by their table at the Benefits Fair or go to the Human Resource site under Telemedicine to learn more. (SEIU members please check with 1199 for their telehealth offerings)
- Are you and your spouse/domestic partner both benefit eligible employees at Vassar College? You may qualify for a credit on your health insurance rates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Additional Life Insurance:
If you would like to purchase additional life insurance for yourself or your dependents you will be able to this year.
(Approval for the elections are determined by the carrier Unum not Vassar and additional information may be required)
- Open Enrollment Guides Coming Soon!
Faculty & Administrators
- Open Enrollment Guides Coming Soon!