Skip to content Skip to navigation
Vassar
Skip to global navigation Menu

When Vassar first opened its doors in 1865, Main Building housed almost the entire college—student rooms, housing for faculty and administrators, the library, classrooms, laboratories, the art gallery, and the dining hall. Now a National Historic Landmark, Main Building is the hub of campus life. The first two floors house administrative offices (the Office of Residential Life, among many others), while the upper floors constitute Main House and provide accommodations for 351 students. At the back of Main is a modern addition, the College Center, housing the Office of Campus Activities, College Information Center, James W. Palmer III ’90 Gallery, mail room, Computing Service Desk, student-run WVKR radio station, student government offices, lounges and meeting rooms, 24-hour public-access computers, the Retreat Café, the Express Café and the campus pub, Matthew’s Mug.

Check out the 360° tour.

Main House exterior
Main House common area
Main House dorm room