Raymond House, the second residence hall to be built on the quad, was erected in 1897, designed by Francis Allen. Named after the second president of Vassar, Raymond was built to accommodate an overflow of applications being made to Strong (the first quad house to be built). Its current capacity is 200 students. One thing Raymond is famous for, aside from the marshmallow wars with Lathrop, is it’s annual Halloween haunted house, which attracts not only Vassar students but faculty members and their kids and a whole bunch of people who get a kick out of feeling terrified.
Check out the 360° tour.