Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
With your help, conserving energy can reduce operations costs and soften the College’s impact on the environment. Here are some ways in which you can make a difference:
- Turn off appliances when not in use, including lights, computers, and other electronics. If possible set the computer to an energy-saving mode.
- Use energy-efficient appliances whenever possible. Use the minimum necessary wattage in light fixtures.
- Don’t leave the water running.
- Take shorter showers. This can significantly reduce the energy used to heat water.
- Use cold water and cold water detergent when doing laundry.
- Use hand towels as opposed to paper towels.