Many of the day-to-day needs of the residential community are provided by the Residential Operations Center (commonly known as the ROC), located on the 1st floor of Main Building across from C 110.
The ROC is where we perform a wide range of services on behalf of Vassar students such as:
- Key loans
- VSA organization keys within the dorms or houses.
- Follow up on service requests—only after it’s been submitted to Facilities Operations via TMA.
- Receives floral deliveries
- Students can sign out handcarts, shovels, vacuums, small tools.
- The ROC staff perform daily rounds of the residential houses to ensure all common area furniture is accounted for or anything out of place.
- We inspect vacant rooms once student moves out or change rooms
- Perform health and safety inspections of the houses during winter, spring breaks
- We assist with the annual Fire Safety Inspections alongside the N.Y. State Office of Fire Prevention and Control Officer and a representative of Facilities Operations.
- We are responsible for maintaining the condition of the common area and room furnishings. The inventory Control Attendant works with an outside vendor for furnishings repairs.
- We stamp and approve postings to hang in the residential houses only.
- We are the liaison between Facilities Operations regarding service, daily maintenance requests and building upgrades of the house/apartment areas.
If you are experiencing any issues with your room, call us or email us. More importantly, give us a chance to assist you in resolving your room/building issue before reaching out to others!
Our set hours of Operations are:
Mondays: 8:30 a.m.–11 p.m.
*Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
*Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thursdays: 8:30 a.m.–11 p.m.
Fridays: 8:30 a.m.–11 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sundays: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Summer/Winter break hours are Monday-Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Students contact the ROC by phone at (845) 437-7169. They can also enter service requests online.
*The office is primarily staffed with student workers, resulting in our hours of operations fluctuating especially during breaks. Student workers will work within the hours listed and on some days work as late as 11 p.m.